Saturday 21 July 2012

Kenyah People

Hi Everyone..
How your day? Good or something wrong? Lets forget about that first.Life must go on dear! So, I want share about Kenyah Culture. Do you ever heard of Kenyah people from Sarawak, Malaysia? I think maybe most of people don't recongnize us. But if you recognize Kenyah people, Congratulations!!So, first of all  I am pure Kenyah people, that why i naming my blog as KenyahSoul because i feel i need to protect my culture. Okay, lets started your journey with KenyahSoul.What your first think about Kenyah? 
Pic1: Kenyah lady [ Taken from .]
Yes, you are right.This is our look in old day. Nowadays, we do not look like this anymore.Just like me, i don't have long ears. I know you curious, why long ear? For our culture, the longer our ears, the prettiest the girl will be..But, i cannot have long ears in modern day.But, i my opinion this long ears show little girl obedient to their parents and they are really tough girl and patient girl. Its really take time for this you know.
Actually, i not really know about our history because my parent seldom told me about our stories, so i ask Miss Google.So guess what i found :
"The Kenyah people are an indigenous, Austronesian-speaking people of Borneo, living in the remote Baram (Lio Mato, Long Selaan, Long Moh, Long Mekaba, Long Jeeh,Long Belaong, Long San, Long Silat, Long Tungan, etc.), Data Kakus(my village), Data Surau, Sg. Senep, Long Dungan, Long Busang, Long Beyak, Bintulu, Miri, Sungai ASAP, Long Bulan, Long Jawe and Belaga regions in Sarawak, Malaysia and the remote Apau Kayan, Bahau (Bau), Benua Lama & Baru and Mahakam regions in East Kalimantan,Indonesia.
Kenyah people are divided into various tribes including the Uma Bakah, Lepo Anan, Lepo Tau, Lepu Jalan, Lepo' Tepu, Uma Kelap, Badeng (Jamok, Lepo Aga'), Bakung, Kayan, Penan, Lepu Kulit, Uma Alim, Uma Timai, Uma Lasan, Lepo Ma-ot, Sambop, Lepo Ke', Lepo Ngao, Ngurek, Kiput, Long Ulai, Long Tikan, Long Sabatu, Lepo Ga, Lepo Dikan, and Lepo Pua" .[ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenyah_people ].
Okay stay tuned next time, i will show what so interesting about KenyahSoul.
Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment